The most frequent mistakes using a Hot Stone
What should I not do with and on the Hot Stone?
At this point we would like to draw your attention to the most frequent mistakes made with and on the Hot Stone.
Please note the following to ensure you have fun and success when dressing the Lucullus Table System:
- Under no circumstances and never use oils or butter on the steatite (it is not only unhealthy but also causes unpleasant odours and the development of unnecessary smoke).
- Allow enough time for the steatite to heat and to cool down (too quick temperature fluctuations would cause cracks in the stone and thus reduce its life).
- Likewise the steatite should only be heated or cooled when dry (i.e. after long, humid storage / not after short moist cleaning! Here again there is a risk of cracks developing).
- Ensure that the temperature of the stone is high enough at the beginning to ensure that the stone retains the required temperature long enough (we recommend approx. 300° indoors and approx 350° outdoors).
- The steatite is not dishwasher-proof (simple cleaning with water and a little detergent suffices).
- All the parts made of wood need only be cleaned with a moist cloth (the food-safe, multiple coating sufficiently protects the wood against impurities).
Technical questions regarding to the Hot StoneWe don’t leave you in the lurch after acquiring our Hot Stone. Should you have questions as to using our Lucullus Table System or other questions, simply contact us. We will be glad to help you. no matter what question you may have concerning the Hot Stone!
place an inquiry
Inquiries and orders:
place an order